Roxi's Protein Slice (no bake)
Fancy some schnacky-schnacks that aren't goung to break the calorie budget for the day and that you'll actually get a nutrient benefit from?? Well look no further!
Now I am famous for never taking down the recipes that I make properly, so don't be afraid to use this as a guide but if you feel its too wet/not wet enough... add more of the wet stuff/add more of the dry stuff!
1.5 cups protein powder (I used French Vanilla True Protein)
1.5 cups LSA (or almond meal)
1/3 cup walnuts chopped
1/5 cup chia
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup peanut butter (or whatever nut butter you prefer)
2 tbs agave (or honey/whatever liquid sweetener you prefer)
1 packet dark choc (I used Old Gold)
1 tbs coco oil
Pinch of salt
1. Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl (always use bigger than you think you'll need!)
2. Slightly melt wet ingredients in the microwave or a steam in a heat proof bowl over a pot of boiling water on the stove top
3. Mix the wet stuff through the dry stuff (add more LSA) if required - consistency should be quite thick, definitely not "wet"
4. Line Tupperware container with grease proof paper.
5. Press mixture into container all the way to the edges - I use the bottom of a glass to get it nice and compact (but not toooo compact).
6. Melt topping and spread/drizzle over the top - Sprinkle with your choice of topping (coconut, buckinis, chia seeds, salt, goji berries... I could go on)
7. Cover and put in fridge to set
8. Chop er up - I usually store half of mine in the freezer!
**Note - if you want a little extra pizzazz, soak some dates in a bowl with hot water for about an hour. Put dates in a blender with peanut butter, coconut oil and coconut milk for a delicious caramel layer!